Lead Instructor: Liliana Mejia
The IYI 302 Course, The Rocket® Take Off, is offered to those who have laid the foundation of the Rocket® by graduation of the IYI 200 Hr. Teacher Training and/or the IYI 301 The Rocket® Foundations Course. Once the main ingredients of the It’s Yoga System have been firmly established, participants are prepared for “take off!” Learn the mechanics, routines, transitions, and methods that have advanced students worldwide to fly, on and off the mat.
The course is offered in a 10 Day format, with one day of rest. 100 Hrs. are granted towards the IYI 300 Hr./500 Hr. Registrations.
It’s Yoga, was founded in 1989 by Larry Schultz, a student of Sri K. Patthabi Jois; was the original Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga studio in San Francisco and has since graduated over 5000 students around the globe from our affiliated It’s Yoga Centers. Larry and It’s Yoga created The Rocket® routines, inspired by the time as the yoga teacher to The Grateful Dead. We are honored to offer daily classes and trainings worldwide!
- Breathing and Tempo inside Transitions
- Bandhas for Real
- Drishti to advance Asanas
- Spinal Integrity and Stacking Principles
- Abdominal strength and control
- Practice drills
- Sequencing The Rocket® by days of the week – The It’s Yoga System
- Selections from the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Philosophy and History of The Rocket®
Mechanics of Flight
- Weight transfer into the hands
- Floating with control
- Inversions and handstands from standing postures
- Arm balances and inversions from seated postures
- Creating fluid movement throughout your practice
- Slowing down the Rocket ®
- Yin Yoga Introduction
Asanas of The Rocket®
- Mukta Hasta Sirsasana
- Pincha Mayurasana
- Adho Mukha Vrksasana
- Eka Pada Bakasana
- Eka Pada Raja Kapotasana
Full Tuition: $ 1,650.00 USD
Learn Sanskrit names of all 140 Postures of the It’s Yoga System
Scripting The Rocket ® Transitions
Complete written assignments
History of Ashtanga in the West
You will be assigned to assist classes being taught by senior instructors. You will be required to give physical adjustments and answer questions at the beginning and end of class.
7:30 – 9am Morning Practice
9 – 10am Journals/Breakfast
10 – 12:30pm Practicum 1
12:30 – 2pm Lunch and Free Time
2 – 4pm Practicum 2
4 – 5:30pm Rocket Practice
IYI302 Mar 30th, Apr 8th 2020
IYI 200 Hr. Teacher Training and/or the IYI 301 The Rocket ® Foundations Course, enthusiasm
* Paypal commission included. Early bird price will only be valid if payment is received in the specified date.
Still have doubts?
Call or Send a message to: +52 998 240 3684