IYI 301 – Rocket® Foundations – Learning to Fly, On and Off the Mat
Lead Instructor: Liliana Mejia
Thank you for your interest in It’s Yoga and The Rocket® routines! The IYI301 is the ‘bridge’ course for 200 hr graduates from other asana-based disciplines (Yoga Alliance registered), to receive the foundations of The Rocket® routines and teachings of It’s Yoga.
It’s Yoga, was founded in 1989 by Larry Schultz, a student of Sri K. Patthabi Jois; was the original Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga studio in San Francisco and has since graduated over 10,000 students around the globe from our affiliated It’s Yoga Centers.
Larry and It’s Yoga created The Rocket® routines, inspired by the time as the yoga teacher to The Grateful Dead. We are honored to offer daily classes and trainings worldwide!
The purpose of this program is to be supportive, so that you can learn and integrate the main ingredients of the It’s Yoga System of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, in order to have confidence, independence and freedom to share the practice with others.
- Pattabhi Jois – Philosophy
- Larry Schultz
- T.Krishnamachayra , B.K.S Iyengar
- Yoga Sutras: The Eight Limbs of Patanjali
- History of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Theory and Practice
- Ujjayi Breath
- Theory and Practice
- Working with the breath in Ashtanga sequences
- Suryanamaskara A – Theory and Practice
- Suryanamaskara B – Theory and Practice
- Teaching Suryanamaskara A and B
- Name and locate muscles, bones and joints
- Spinal Integrity
- Functional Movement
IT’S YOGA SYSTEM
- Full Primary Series
- Modified Primary Series
- Mixed Levels (Rocket® 1)
- Minimum Daily Requirement
- Names – Sanskrit and English
- Standing, seated and finishing asanas of the Primary
- Series – Detailed breakdown of the poses
- Practice and benefits of the asanas
- Guiding others – Verbal and hands-on adjustments
CHAKRAS / NAULIS / BANDHAS
- Names and function
- Location and importance
- Naulis – Theory and Practice Bandhas – Theory and Practice
- Yoga as an Energetic System
BECOMING A TEACHER
- Principles of Teaching Etiquette/Responsibility in the classroom
- Finding your own voice as a Teacher
- Developing a Personal Teaching Philosophy
- Marketing yourself as a Teacher
Dates and Pricing
August 2nd to 11th 2019
10 Days with one free day.
Early Bird $ 1,100.00 USD
Regular Tuition $ 1,400.00 USD
Teach a Class
You will be assigned to teach a one-on-one beginner class at the school.
You will be assigned to assist classes being taught by senior instructors. You will be required to give physical adjustments and answer questions at the beginning and end of class.
You are required to attend classes taught by other teachers and observe their teaching style.
Statement of teaching philosophy
Compose a short statement of the principles which you intend to uphold as you teach the Ashtanga Yoga system.
Complete written assignments
Personal Essay – Your own experience of yoga.
Keep a journal/practice log.
Two short quizzes which include memorization of all of the Sanskrit names for the asanas and a final written essay test.
Intensive 10 days 8am – 6pm
Yoga Alliance registered 200 hour teacher training certification, enthusiasm
– 100% attendance required
– There is no refund in case of cancellation by any circumstance
– No payment is refundable for any reason.
How did you hear about the training and It’s Yoga?
What school have you done your 200 hour TT with?
What attracts you to The Rocket®?
* Paypal commission included. Early bird price will only be valid if payment is received in the specified date.
Still have doubts?
Call or Send a message to: +52 1 998 240 3684