IYI 301 – Rocket® Foundations – Learning to Fly, On and Off the Mat
Lead Instructor: Liliana Mejia
Canada Organizer: Janie McDonnell.
Canada Contact: +1 306.229.8420
Thank you for your interest in It’s Yoga and The Rocket ® routines! The IYI301 is a 100 hour teacher training and the ‘bridge’ course between other asana based disciplines and the foundations of The Rocket ® routines taught by the It’s Yoga System. This teacher training is open to anyone with a 200hr Yoga Alliance registered certification and for continuing education.
The course is offered in a 10 Day format, with one day of rest. 100 Hrs. are granted towards the IYI 300 Hr./500 Hr. Registrations.
It’s Yoga, was founded in 1989 by Larry Schultz, a student of Sri K. Patthabi Jois; was the original Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga studio in San Francisco and has since graduated over 10,000 students around the globe from our affiliated It’s Yoga Centers.
Larry and It’s Yoga created The Rocket® routines which was inspired by his time as the yoga teacher to the musical group, The Grateful Dead. We are honoured to continue the lineage and offer daily classes, immersions and teacher trainings worldwide!
The purpose of this program is to be supportive, so that you can learn and integrate the main ingredients of the It’s Yoga System of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, in order to have confidence, independence and freedom to share the practice with others.
- Pattabhi Jois – Philosophy
- Larry Schultz
- T.Krishnamachayra , B.K.S Iyengar
- Yoga Sutras: The Eight Limbs of Patanjali
- History of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Theory and Practice
- Ujjayi Breath
- Theory and Practice
- Working with the breath in Ashtanga sequences
- Suryanamaskara A – Theory and Practice
- Suryanamaskara B – Theory and Practice
- Teaching Suryanamaskara A and B
- Names and location of muscles, bones and joints
- Spinal Integrity
- Functional Movement
IT’S YOGA SYSTEM
- Full Primary Series
- Modified Primary Series
- Mixed Levels (Rocket® 1)
- Minimum Daily Requirement
- Names – Sanskrit and English
- Standing, seated and finishing asanas of the Primary
- Series – Detailed breakdown of the poses
- Practice and benefits of the asanas
- Guiding others – Verbal and hands-on adjustments
CHAKRAS / NAULIS / BANDHAS
- Names and function
- Location and importance
- Naulis – Theory and Practice Bandhas – Theory and Practice
- Yoga as an Energetic System
BECOMING A TEACHER
- Principles of Teaching Etiquette/Responsibility in the classroom
- Finding your own voice as a Teacher
- Developing a Personal Teaching Philosophy
- Marketing yourself as a Teacher
Dates and Pricing
August 19th – 28th 2019
Early Bird $ 1,500.00 USD (90 days before )
Regular Tuition $ 1,700.00 USD
Teach a Class
You will be assigned to teach a one-on-one beginner class at the school.
You will be assigned to assist classes being taught by senior instructors. You will be required to give physical adjustments and answer questions at the beginning and end of class.
Statement of teaching philosophy
Compose a short statement of the principles which you intend to uphold as you teach the Ashtanga Yoga system.
Complete written assignments
Personal Essay – Your own experience of yoga.
Keep a journal/practice log.
Two short quizzes which include memorization of all of the Sanskrit names for the asanas and a final written essay test.
8:30 – 10am Morning Practice
10 – 11am Journals/Breakfast
11 – 1:30pm Practicum 1
1:30 – 3pm Lunch and Free Time
3 – 5pm Practicum 2
5 – 5:30pm Tea/Juice
5:30 – 7pm Rocket Practice
10 days intensive.
Yoga Alliance registered 200 hour teacher training certification, enthusiasm
– 100% attendance required
– There is no refund in case of cancellation by any circumstance
– No payment is refundable for any reason.
Park Town Hotel
924 Spadina Crescent East
Saskatoon, SK S7K 3H5
Direct Line: 1-306-667-6068
Save your spot:
* Paypal commission included. Early bird price will only be valid if payment is received in the specified date.
Still have doubts?
Call or Send a message to: +52 1 998 240 3684